Monday, September 19, 2011

Tell me what your thoughts would be....

This morning I received this picture from Kage's babysitter.  Along with it came this message:
She must have been tired from the weekend.  This is how tired she is every morning.

To which I replied:

Oh my gosh!  Poor baby girl.  She was up late last night with grandma and grandpa swimming at their hotel.
And then she said:

She fell fast asleep today but she does this almost everyday.  She loves to climb on the couch to snuggle with my fluffy blanket and watch TV.

Let me dissect:
My child refuses to chill on the couch.  Like, ever. 
Why is she not being stimulated with puzzles or books or another child to play with or coloring or human contact?
Where is the fluffy blanket that she loves to snuggle?
Why does it look like she was sat there and left to pass out?
Why is she in front of the TV when you "advertised" educational setting?
If she does this everyday, don't you think that maybe you should be changing the routine or something to stimulate her?

I could go on and on.  But this picture, the one that was burned into my brain all day long, the one that breaks my heart to see....

Is reason enough to be pulling her out and putting her where she deserves to be.




4 comments:

Summer said...

:'(

Summer said...

:'(

Tom K said...

Well, Joy, you for one wwould know this isn't right. Especially since you used to watch my kids when you worked and managed that one daycare facility years ago. To me it wouldn't even matter what time she is dropped off, she shouldn't be that tired when she gets there. Is this sitter "certified" or is she just a "sitter"? It sounds to me like you're making the right decision to pull her out from here and placing her somewhere else.

Anonymous said...

I don't want to place undo worry on you but that is really strange. If she doesn't do it with you then she would not likely sleep like that somewhere else. There was a sitter that was arrested around my town a few weeks ago because some of the parents figured out she was giving them benadryl to make them sleep everyday. Hopefully that is not what is happening but I would look into it.

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila