Friday, September 23, 2011

Celebrate, celebrate, dance to the music!

Oh lordy, lordy!  I never thought Friday would come this week!  It was a week.  Ugh.

I guess that I don't even know where to begin.  It's hard playing weekend catch-up on the blog.  And I am not even sure why I started blogging at this particular moment....R is out getting us dinner at a local place and I'm sitting here with Kage while she munches on chicken nuggets and fries.  I know, I know.  Sooo healthy.  Don't worry.  She has corn on her plate too.  And ketchup.  And she's dipping the corn in the ketchup.  She's adventurous, what can I say?

Can I brag on myself a little bit?  Of course I can!  I blog.  I can say whatever I want here!  So let me just say that I totally rocked out the teaching this this week.  And after the week I had, I needed that confirmation from my supervisor today.  Monday and Tuesday of this week, I was ready to drop out and just say forget it.  Today?  I am a teaching rock star.  And my supervisor....agrees.  She told me that I am the top student teacher in her group.  She was singing my praises and I was given "Proficient" on the majority of the rubric for my 5 week assessment.  She claims that only student teachers at the end of the semester earn "Proficient."  I take that as a huge pat on the back. 

I am feeling so proud of myself. 

Makes me wish that I could celebrate tonight.  But, I can't.  Toddler, remember?

We walked to Kinley's new day care yesterday to drop off the paperwork.  And yes, I said that we walked there.  It's that close.  Like two minutes from our door to theirs.  No joke.






She did not want to leave!  That makes me feel so much better about my decision.  Her current sitter is trying everything in her power to keep her....but yet the one thing that I want her to do, she doesn't.  She gives me no info about her day.  At all.  And I hate that.
We had to miss our cupcake Friday this week due to my (uber successful) evaluation going over so long...but Kinley was just as happy with the baggie of grapes that I saved her from my lunch.  I always save something for her from my lunch.  It makes her day.

And to celebrate my other big feat this week....I met my own personal goal.  I used the Smart Board for my lessons this week.  And can finally say that I'm confident and comfortable using it.  Supposedly, it will set me apart from other applicants when it comes to interviewing.  So let's hope that rings true!

This momma needs a j-o-b!


I guess that about wraps up my update (and my free time )....so I look forward to catching up with everyone this weekend!





3 comments:

Amanda said...

Joy, that is awesome! You should definitely be proud of yourself!

Christina said...

Way to go, lady! Consider yourself way ahead of the game with that SmartBoard - 99% of my professors don't know how to use one, or at least not correctly.

And can I just say that I'm totally jealous of that daycare - there aren't even pictures of the inside and I'm in love with it!

Unknown said...

Dipping the corn in the ketchup? I'm not mad at her! Heehee. My husband says I put ketchup on my ketchup. I don't think I'm *that* bad..... :)
http://anywhere-is.net

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila