Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The most touching thing....

It takes a lot to make me cry at the drop of a hat.  I mean, I am soft and cry a lot but to go from zero to sob?  Not happening all too often.

I admit that I'm behind on the whole 'net scene since starting the student teaching thing.  And maybe this has already made it's circulation a week ago and I'm just now seeing it....regardless, it's good and it's true love and it's absolutely heart wrenching.

The loyal dog that lies next to the deceased Navy Seal's casket.  I am a dog lover, and know the unconditional love that a dog has for his owners.  And if this doesn't prove it, nothing will.  The photographer that did our wedding pictures sent me a FB invite to join a "Man's Best Friend" photo contest and in his invite, he mentioned the loyal dog next the casket picture.  Well, me being the Internet stranger these days had no clue what he was talking about.  So, I googled it.  Came across the above referenced page and sobbed.  Couldn't even make it through the short article. 

My husband was sitting behind me and asked what was wrong and I couldn't even speak.  I got up and pointed to my laptop. 

God Bless that soldier and his faithful companion.



P.S.  I couldn't post the pictures from the article as they are much to painful for me to look at again. 






No comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila