Monday, July 25, 2011

Weekend Warriors, in reverse

When I was pregnant with Kinley, we kept a daily countdown of how many days we had left until her due date.  It was a fun little thing that we did every morning--to change our number and see how much closer we were to meeting out baby girl.  It didn't turn out to be accurate, because we delivered at 37 weeks, but it was a fun little thing that we did during my pregnancy.
We still have this board on the counter in the kitchen, but now it holds much less exciting news:  grocery lists, menu ideas, Kinley's med dosing (when she's sick)...

But lately, I have had the urge to start a different kind of counting....a count-up.  Life has been so amazingly happy since we've been getting along.  It almost feels a little unreal.  And I have been so tempted to start a "___ days since we've been renewed" count.  Stupid?  Maybe. 

This weekend was another one of those completely fulfilled weekends.  We had so much fun together, we didn't want it to end.  Which is why we are both so tired today.  We stayed up way too late last night.  You saw/read how we spent Saturday night at the concert at church.  Which, by the way, was an amazing time.

On Sunday, we got to sleep in till 9, thankyouverymuchKinleyGrace.  He said that it was the first time getting to sleep that late in 19 months.  And I do believe that he is right.  We went to church and had an amazing service.  The band stayed and lead worship and it was a great celebration.  After church, we ran over to a friend's house to borrow their carpet shampooer and then went home to clean our carpets.  They totally don't look toddler-fied anymore!  They look new! 

After church we went to pick up my rings from Zales.  You see, when I dropped them off two weeks ago, I had the worst customer service.  The lady was downright rude to me.  So, in my typical fashion....I wrote a letter.  That got a response!  The district manager contacted me and sent me a gift card!  Woohoo!  But that same lady served me when I picked up my rings.....and well, that's a whole 'nother blog in itself.  But, here are my blingies all shined up!
After we got the rings, we ran over to our storage unit to dig out all of our wall pictures and things to help make our apartment a little more homey.  And we were up until 11 last night making our walls a little less bare.  It sure did change the look of the place!  It's not so temporary anymore....even though the walls are still white. Which I really don't like...but I have to keep reminding myself that it's an apartment, not our house.  The longer we stay here, the nicer the house will be.
So, that was kind of our weekend wrap-up.  I am going to call it the Weekend Warrior post, in reverse.

Hope that you all had a great weekend as well!


Weekend Warriors


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the whit board idea!! I'm so happy you had a great weekend as a family.
I may have to try a "weekend warriors" one Friday....if I remember! lol

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila