Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Three Years

Today is our third anniversary.  Three years. 



Wow, back then I had no clue that where I am today is where I would be three years later.  Back in Chicago-land.  Back in school (and almost to graduation).  Back to a healthier weight (I was at my heaviest on my wedding day).  A mom.  That's the biggest one.  Never thought I would be a mom. 

In marriage counseling.  Maybe that is the biggest one.  You don't get married and envision the day when it all falls apart. 

We've both grown and changed in so many ways....and unfortunately we didn't grow and change together.  So now we see this therapist every week who attempts to help us mend what we broke.  Ugh, it's tough.  It's really tough.  But I can't help but think ahead to our 4th anniversary....  what will I say on that blog?

It's crazy how life throws things at you that you normally wouldn't even consider as a possibility.  I guess that's why it's so good that we aren't in control.  Well, completely.

Aaanyway.

I forgot to mention yesterday that we found a new childcare arrangement for Kage.  I put in her very first "two weeks notice" and committed to the new day care lady.  There were many reasons for my decision to move her....but overwhelmingly the reason was the commute.  It was at least a 30 minute drive from our door to hers.  And that just isn't cool.  The new place, is maybe 5 minutes.  And the lady is amazing.  Super friendly.  Super clean.  A great mom.  And has a 15 year old daughter that loves night and weekend babysitting.  Can't beat that!  So mid July, Kage will be making the transition.  I hope that she's as happy with our decision as we are.


Lucy and Kinley have started wanting to take naps together.  Or....Lucy naps all day in the glider and Kage wants her to stay in there when she goes down for her nap.  But you can see why this is not a good idea.  Instead of going to sleep, Kin "shares" all of her sleeping pals with Lucy.  Even the paci gets tossed to Lucy.  And then Kage cries because Lucy won't give it back. 

It's just not a good idea for them to share a nap time.

No comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila