Saturday, June 18, 2011

I wanna talk about me!

You know, I'm really bad about getting hooked to things (not literally and not like on drugs or anything).  I start doing something or watching something and BAM! I'm doing it all.the.time.  But it'll go in spurts.  Some call them obsessions or addictions or trends...whatever.  Call it what you will.  Right now, I'm getting so hooked to the beauty community on YouTube.  OMG.  I watch these videos for like an hour a day.  It's late at night when everyone else is in bed....so I'm not taking away from my time with Kage.  I get home from the gym between 10:30 and 11:00 (or sometimes after midnight--depending on how late I get there) and then feel wired from my workout.  So my unwind time is spent on these videos. 

I've always considered myself a girly-girl but I was a girly-girl on hiatus there for a while.  A few years, actually.  Slowly, I feel my girly-girl ways resurfacing.  I find myself wandering the cosmetics aisles and trying new products that before I would shrug off as unnecessary.  Luckily, the beauty community really looks for bargains! 

I think that it has a whole lot to do with going to the gym and getting in shape.  The scale is the most stubborn thing, even more than me, and isn't budging on that number.  But I think I'm starting to see some definition.  I surprise myself with my ability in the gym.  I am doing exercises that I always deemed to be "too hard" or whatever.  For example, I am doing planks.  Planks always used to make me whine, cry, moan, give up.  Now?  I ask for more.  I think that my abs have really beefed up!  Too bad they have that layer of pudge over them hiding my hard work. 

I had to give up on logging my food intake on MyFitnessPal because even though it was helpful to count my calories, the OCD/Crazy in me kept seeing it as a goal to beat.  I was starting to see it as a way to see how I could eat fewer and fewer calories each day.  And while starvation worked as a great "diet" tool in my 20s, it does nothing for me in my 30s.  So I've kind of been winging it lately with the food.  I watch what I eat and try to be smart about what goes into my mouth without counting the actual calories.  We'll see if that works for me.  And I go to the gym about five times a week.  I rotate my schedule, strength training one day and cardio the next.  We now have Netflix on our Wii (Thanks, Denise!) and using a review (from the beauty community) I will try to do the Pilates video a few times a week (Kage allowing, that is).

But back to my beauty community on YouTube....  I am learning so much and finding out so many tricks and secrets to getting great looking make-up.  And tips on sales for clothes!  I *love* it.  And I'm loving this new hobby of mine of getting new girly stuff to try and get all dolled up...even if I really only go to the grocery.  It's fun to be girly!

So I wanted to pass on the three of my favorite "channels" that I watch on YouTube just in case you have the urge to nurture your inner glitter girl (and no, I don't mean stripper) too!

My favorite, favorite, favorite is abbysmom88.  She is so stinkin' cute and I just love her style.  As a bonus, her and I have the same skin type (hello oil slick!) so her ideas and reviews are totally relevant. 

Next, I love watching BargainPrincess.  She cracks me up.  I love her great deals and reviews and her personality just makes me laugh.
And finally, I love to watch emilynoel83.  I found her first in the beauty community because she's a news anchor where we used to live.  I got hooked on her first and she's got great ideas and reviews and tips. 
So there you have it....my top 3 (well, today it's my top 3). I seem to stumble onto new channels that I find that I really like so it could change.  But if you love girly-girl stuff or want to love girly-girl stuff...check them out.

Oooh, and because I feel that a blog post is just blah without a picture.....check out this polish color!  I saw on abbysmom88 that she got the Essie polish in a beautiful beige color but when I went to pick it up, I gasped at the $7.75 price tag.  Now, that's not a lot for polish, but it was more than I wanted to spend.  So I grabbed the bottle and compared it to every other bottle until I found a pretty close match.
What do you think? 
It's like a nude color and I am so in love with it.  So if you're looking for a cheap(er) nude colored polish, look for Revlon's Gray Suede.  I also picked up a great dark clay color that I have planned for my toes (I just painted them a pink color so the slate will be next) and it's the Sally Insta-Dri called Slick Slate.  Gorgeous color.  I highly recommend it if you're looking for a fun toe color.  It's a little too dark for my fingernails.

On these beauty channels, the girls talk about their "hauls" which is stuff that they've gone out to purchase and it's fun to see what they buy and try.  So I take their ideas and do my own hauls.  I may start blogging about them....but we'll see.  I'm not one for anyone to take advice from....I still have my cosmetic training wheels!



No comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila