Wednesday, May 18, 2011

To cut or not to cut?

This is the blog post where you sit back and say, "really?  Wow.  This chick is nuts."  Or maybe you say that after every blog post. 

So yesterday, it was my 'me day' and Kage was at day care from 9ish-4.  So what did I do?  Sat my butt on facebook and blogged.  Yes.  All day long.  I wasted a day.  Well, okay, I didn't *waste* it.  I needed a day of nothing.  I earned a day of nothing.  And well, I enjoyed the day of nothing. 

I didn't clean house, I didn't prepare dinner, I didn't do laundry.  I did nothing.

Well, until the afternoon.  I finally got showered and put together and went to apply for yet another serving job.  You'd think that after three no calls I'd give up.  Not this girl!  So I went and filled out one more application.  It seemed a little more promising.  The manager actually chatted with me for a minute and told me that he'd call me for an interview.  Promising, right?  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  I need this job.

And so after the application, I drove the distance to get Kin from day care.  Have I mentioned how far and out of the way her sitter is?!  It's really, really out of the way.  But she loves it there....so that's why we keep her there.  For now.

On my way, I was jamming out to the new tunes that I bought from itunes.  I know, I shouldn't have.  But I wanted a few new songs to listen to!  Ugh.  See, I need that job.

I downloaded the new Brit song, Till the World Ends.  And I downloaded the new Nelly song, Just A Dream.  And I downloaded Katy Perry's song, E.T.  And I downloaded Ke$ha's song Blow.  So four new songs for a total of just over five bucks.  Guilt.  I shouldn't have blown the money.  Too late now.

Back to the story.

So I'm jamming to the new songs and cruising along...it was sunny, nice (a little windy) but nice.  I had the windows cracked (not enough to ruin the flat ironed hair but enough to smell the fresh air).  It was one of those times when you feel good, you look good and everything is AOK in your world. 

I pulled up next to this big truck and the driver resembled none other than one of the hottest guys ever, Travis Barker from Blink 182.  Yeah, see.  Told you that you would think that I was whack.  Yes, I think he's hot.  Tattoos and all.  And well, the trucker was hot.  And he waved at me and he smiled at me.  And it made the ego swell so much that I had to roll the windows down ever further.
I was feeling pretty good.  Got the old smile and wave from a hottie, the weather was good, the music was great. 

And then, in the height of my coolness.....on comes the song from Will.I.Am called "What I Am."  Yes.  The one from Sesame Street.  Kin has her own songs on the ipod and that is one of them.  It was shuffled into the "recently added" playlist that I was jamming to and I had forgotten.

 And my radio was way too loud.  And the windows were down.  So yes....at that stop light everyone surely heard me rockin' out to Sesame Street.  Granted, no one paid any attention whatsoever.  But talk about an ego buzz kill to look at yourself in the mirror and see yourself feeling way cool and rocking out, only to have a Sesame Street song come on and remind you that, oh yeah, you're still a mom.  In an SUV. 

Come down off of that 'good old times when you were 25 and hot' high, girlie.

And I guess that today is a hair talk kind of day.  My friend texted me earlier and told me that she was finally ready to cut her baby girl's hair.  That text came in about 30 minutes after I snapped this picture.

Her dad and I have been talking about that first hair cut for a couple of days now.  Well, seriously talking about it.  We've mentioned it a few times over the past couple of months but we're seriously talking now.  I mean, this poor girl has bangs to her nose.  That has got to be annoying.  And I try doing the pony tail sprout on top of her head.  I've done the pig tails.  I have hair bows and even splurged on the No Slippy Hair Clippy. They all look so cute in her hair and they serve their purpose of holding her hair out of her eyes and stay put.  Well, they stay put until the Kinley Monster figures out that something is attached to her head.  Then she freaks out and rips it out along with a handful of hair.  Seeing a handful of her adorable blonde hair being ripped out makes me want to cry.  So, I just don't bother. 

But what do I do?  I hate that it's in her eyes all day, every day.  I don't want people to think of her as a scroungy (how do you spell that) kid.  But I don't want her to have the straight across bangs either.  I mean, I have intentions of never cutting this child's hair.  Like, ever.  Or until she can make that decision on her own.

So I'm stuck.  I don't know what to do with her hair.  There are so many of those cute little kid hair cut places here and I just don't know if I can do it.  I'm stressing out just thinking about it.  Obviously, I am not ready to make that decision.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just do it already. It comes in thicker and stronger.

Unknown said...

Ellie's hair is a hot mess....I mean take a Donald Trump-style combover and mix it with the craziest mullett you've ever seen....and that's her!

I've had many people tell me that I should trim her bangs, but I remind them that her bangs start at the back of her head. Or they tell me that I should trim up the mullett. Well, I just refuse to cut her hair!! I don't know what it is, but I'd rather her have her hair hanging in her face everyday than to cut it. At least for now :)

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila