Friday, May 27, 2011

Choppity, Cut, Cut

Today is my hair day!  I'm so excited.  It desperately needs cut.  I never thought I would get to the point of looking forward to a haircut after the great hair catastrophe of my life.  But, somehow, I do again.  I was introduced to a new stylist by my bestie and she crafted my ruined hair into something not so ruined. 

And I'm going back again to get one step closer to kissing that catastrophe good-bye.  You see, the whack job at Ulta (in Wheaton, IL) that ruined my hair did such a fine job at ruining my hair, that I'm now two cuts post-catastrophe and it's still not fully repaired.  If the new stylist wanted to repair it fully, I probably would have had a pixie.  Which my bestie can pull off....but I can not.

And let's not even mention the fact that I was a lard-o on my wedding day.  Obviously, I did not care that I looked like the Michelin man that day.  Whatever.  I still don't care.  I lost it all after the wedding and still keep it off today.  That's what counts.

So back to the story, if my hair would have been fixed in one appointment, it would have been chopped to that length.  I probably would have had a heart attack and died to have to go from my super long hair to that in one week, so we opted to do it slowly.  And today, should be the end of repairs and the beginning of growing out evenly again.  I doubt that my hair will ever be as long as it once was.  My patience isn't what it used to be for things like hair.  But I'm okay with that.

The new stylist is great with color and gave me a super subtle blonde highlight in the front and this time, I think I want more blonde.  But we'll see.  I'm one of those girls that sits in the chair and says "do what you want."  (And go figure that the one time I brought pictures of exactly what I wanted, I got butchered.)

So this is my hair now:


Later, I'll take one and post it of the new style.  Wish me luck!

And can you believe that I woke up this morning to find that I am out -OUT- of K cups and have zero coffee.  Ugh.  Yeah...I know.  Kage can't get up soon enough today so that we can go to Dunkin'.  Today is her day care day, so I get to drop her off en route to the salon. 

We went to the gym last night.  Together.  We put K in the day care there.  She did great.  I felt like a fish out of water.  I did like 20 minutes on the elliptical. But on the quick start mode...so it was pretty easy with little resistance.  But it was my first time back.....so I was being easy on myself.  And then we went and wandered around and tried some different machines.  I'm guessing that I didn't do enough because I'm not sore.  At all. 

We were upstairs doing some weight machines when one of the day care workers came to find us to tell us that Kage was poopy.  So, I call that workout "saved by the poopy."  I was tired and ready to go home but didn't want to admit it.  Thank you, Kinley.  I got an hour in.  And will go back again today.  Slowly but surely.  I think I may have to just hire a trainer for one or two sessions just to get a program started because that place is so big that I just feel overwhelmed by all of the options.


Helping vacuum


For some reason, Blogger hates me and won't accept my
rotated pictures.  So just turn your head accordingly. She was
trying on her new panties.  And two seconds later, she peed
in her panties in that very spot.  Nice.  The panties were washed
and put in the drawer for a much later date.
Happy Friday and have a safe Memorial Day!

No comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila