Monday, February 7, 2011

Must be a virus

I sure wish I could have back every co-pay that I ever paid when I've gotten the answer "must be a virus."

I love our pediatrician, and the other doctor that we see when her schedule fills up.  Love them both.  Have so much respect for them as well. 

But really, "must be a virus" is such a general, non-specific, answer for E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. (and that took forever to type, wasn't really worth it).

You don't need to go to medical school to say "oh yeah, looks like a virus to me."  I can do that on my own.  I was 100% positive that it was a virus when I called for my appointment at 6:00 this morning. 

I was just hoping for more information than that, I guess.  Something more than the obvious.

She has a raw throat.  Still.  She has congestion.  Still.  She has a fever.  Duh.

They shouldn't charge parents when they just say "it's a virus."  Or at least give us a discount.

The whole "it's a virus" phrase is too widely used.  You know?

Something goes wrong with your computer?  Oh, it must "be a virus."  You start to feel ick, "oh, there must be a virus going around."

Virus, Virus, Virus. 

I'm so tired of that word!

After a dose of Motrin, she seems to be feeling better.  And I swear, she's learned at least three new behaviors today.  1)  She's playing with "her" leash  constantly today.  She hasn't done that, ever.  She totally didn't go for it like we had hoped after her birthday.  It was still all about Lucy's leash.  Not today.  We got her a mini retractable one....and today she was grabbing it, walking across the living room, and letting go.  It went whipping across the floor back to her dinosaur and she was cracking up!  So cute.  2)  She's been walking up to me with lips puckered wanting kisses.  We *beg* for kisses all day, every day and get nuthin'.  Not today.  She is asking ME for kisses.  The best day of my life.  3)  Her and Lucy have been BFFs and playing together all day.  It's been kind of nice.  While I'm not allowed out of her sight, I can at least veg in the chair and not be all covered up with a clingy, crying baby.



But on the down side, the worst part about caring for a sick baby, is that she shares the love.

And sadly, I'm starting to feel it as well.  Must be a virus.

And on a completely unrelated note:  I enjoy doing memes, even though I really only participate in the "So What Wednesday" meme.  But I decided to start my own....and it will be on Friday's.  So look for it this Friday!

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila