Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A perfect moment

I laid her into her crib after her lunch of three chicken nuggets (home style, not Mickey D style), mixed vegetables and stuffing.  The girl loves stuffing. 

She fussed and then got very upset and started calling for "ma ma, ma ma"....

There may be a lot of things in life that I can get over...but that tiny little "ma ma, ma ma" coming from inside her four walls is not one of them.

I rushed back in and scooped her up into my arms.  She laid her tiny little head on my left shoulder and wrapped her tiny legs and arms around me. 

We fell down into the glider in her room and we rocked.

Her white noise machine was on and the rain forest sound soother was playing the gentle rainfall sounds....and we rocked.

I laid her down into my arms so that I could see her little face and see her tiny nose.  I wanted to count her every eyelash so not to miss one.  I watched her little mouth wrapped around her beloved pacifier.  Her tiny hand was grasping my shirt collar.

Everything in those moments are perfect.

She breathes so softly and I just hold her so close. 

I never want to forget the way it feels when I hold her in my arms....and the way it feels to see her baby body curled up on my lap.

She knows that in my arms, there is nothing to fear. 

I cherish that, I cherish her.

No comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila