Monday, January 31, 2011

I've got it, do you?

Af-flu-en-za n. 1. The bloated, sluggish and unfulfilled feeling that results from efforts to keep up with the Joneses. 2. An epidemic of stress, overwork, waste and indebtedness caused by dogged pursuit of the American Dream. 3. An unsustainable addiction to economic growth. 4. A television program that could change your life.

I'm sick.  Very, very sick. 

But so are you.

Okay, I guess I can't say that you are.  I don't know that you are.  But I can say that most of us are.

On Sunday at Church ABC, we were taught about Affluenza.  This new "illness" that is widespread and just keeps growing. 

Do you have it?

While we were sitting there like little sponges feeding off of every word, my husband looked at me and whispered in my ear, you've got it really bad.

I leaned back, appalled.

He pointed at my shirt.  Which (in rhinestones) read Bebe.

Ummmm, "it was a gift!" I whispered back to him.  And it was, my boss got it for me like five years ago.  And I'm still wearing it. 

Then he pointed at my Coach. 

My mouth gaped open, "it was a gift, too!"

Okay, let's face it.  I'm guilty.  I scored a 22 on the "test" that tells you if you have it.  And luckily, my case is only mild.  There is still hope.



No comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila