Friday, September 3, 2010

Quiet Around Here

I honestly have no clue how it is already 1:30 in the afternoon. Oh wait, maybe time got away from me when Kinley refused to nap today? That's probably it. Yeah, it's been one of those days. It started perfect...she got up at 7 (after I had gotten up at 6 to get Richie out the door for work), nursed, played, had breakfast, played some more, nursed and then went to sleep. Ideal! So I jumped in the shower only to hear "yayayayayayayayayayaya" when I got out. Ugh. Thirty minutes after I put her to bed, she decided she'd had enough.

That was where the day got away from me.

She's so tired that she almost fell asleep in her highchair during lunch. So I tried rocking her and nursing her to sleep but she was more interested in how hard she could pull my hair while she twisted it through her fingers...or how she could shove her fingers into my nostrils. Nap wasn't happening. So I decided that today would be a good day for her to try putting herself to sleep. It's been ten minutes and I still hear her playing. Not crying, though.

We have to meet the fourth and final pediatrician today at 3. Not only has the child not had her bath yet today, but she's also going to run out of time for that nap. She's going to be a real peach during that appointment! :)

I think my errands will wait until after Richie gets home from work. Did I mention TGIF?

No comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila