Wednesday, September 22, 2010

One of those days

Please tell me that I'm not alone when I have days like this.  If there is anything that can go wrong, it has.  Kinley is in rare form today and feels that it is completely fine to go without a nap today. But she also feels that it is fine for me to have her on my hip all day.  What I wouldn't give for it to be that easy! 

Unfortunately, being a stay at home mom doesn't mean that there is nothing that has to be done aside from caring for the baby.  Let's see....for starters, a shower would be awesome.  Especially since I feel so nasty and would give anything for shaved legs right now.  I'm absolutely disgusting right now.

Then we have the freakin' dog who decided to go and attempt to dig to China in the landscaping and then come running in the house with muddy paws.  And before running into her cage, she made a few laps around the living room just for good carpet ruining measure.

The house is trashed, because for some reason we have a way of ruining all of my hard day's work in the matter of one evening.  The dishwasher needs emptied and reloaded.  Dinner needs planned.  We're out of bread and coffee creamer, so I have to run to the store.

So now on top of all of my other things to do today, I have to repair landscaping, clean the carpets, find time to do my over-due homework and have a baby on my hip.  Anyone want to trade places with me today?

I vent to my husband via text and he responds "Just calm down baby, everything will be okay."  If that doesn't make you want to throw your phone through a window, I don't know what will. 

Today is the kind of day that makes me think that the two Bud Light Lime bottles in the refrigerator would be okay to consume before lunch time. 

Kinley is still screaming and I don't know what to do with her.  I hate giving her tylenol just because when I know that she is just over tired. 

Man, it sure would be nice to toss the baton today.

No comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila