Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Things are just really good...

We dropped out of our couples counseling.  Not intentionally.  We just kind of forgot about our last appointment.  I swear that I put it on my phone calendar, but then I never got the reminder.  And then one night we were sitting down for dinner and my husband asked me if we missed it.  We were both pretty certain that the appointment had passed…but they didn’t call and we didn’t either.  So… I guess we’re done with that.  For now.
I must say, our relationship is strong as ever.  Even still.  We rarely bicker, and if we do, it fizzles out as quickly as it started.  I wish that I could say exactly what happened or what changed that allowed us to fix the mess that we were in…but I have no idea. 
We’ve kind of let the idea of baby number two set on the back burner.  Not that we don’t want a sibling for our perfect angel, but we are both so overwhelmed with life that waiting isn’t hurting anything.  And we still aren’t preventing.  J  It’s just in God’s hands, as it always has been and always will be.
I am so anxious to be done with student teaching.  Despite the teaching market being over saturated in our state, I still have so much hope that I will find something after graduation.  We have so many dreams that are just waiting for me to walk across that stage.  So many dreams that we are ready to begin.  I just have to get a job.  Have to. 
While we love our apartment, we always said that we didn’t want to raise a family in one.  We want a home and a yard.  Kinley gets tired of the apartment.  You can tell that she’s bored with such little space to run and little space to play.  We have dreamed about our dream home for so long, we just want to get started. 
We always remind ourselves that we are living by Ramsey’s motto:  Live like no one else so that later you can live like no one else.  That’s our goal.    And the way that things have been going for us lately, I have no doubts that we won’t accomplish those goals because we are really working hard as a team and succeeding, small step by small step.



No comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila