Friday, September 2, 2011

My blonde moment

I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong.  I also have no problem admitting when I goof. 

A total blonde moment yesterday in class.

I presented my "About Me" poster to the students.  You know the kind: where were you born, where do you live, who is your family, what are your hobbies, your dislikes, what do you want to be when you grow up (to which I responded "a world traveler" but the students informed me that I am already grown up) and finally, how old I am.

Last night it dawned on me that I wrote on my poster and presented to my students and cooperating teacher that I am in fact 31. 

Doh!

I am 32.  Really.  I totally forgot how old I am.

How does this happen?
Does anyone else ever forgot how old they really are?  Like, I had to actually do the calculations...I was born in 78 and now it's 11. 

I'm totally going to let this one slide.  I gave myself a year back....and they don't know any different.





2 comments:

Amanda said...

Ha, that's great! I do that all the time. For about 6 months after turning 24 I always said I was 23. My husband is 12 days younger than me, so his constantly asking me how old we are... and I have to think about it. Don't worry, after 21 no one pays attention to their age except to worry that their getting old.

Summer said...

I did the exact same thing last week, except I said I was 34. No way! I JUST turned 33, how could I get that wrong. I had to do the math too and then ask Matt. How can that happen?!

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila