Saturday, August 20, 2011

Saturday Night Edition

I kind of feel like Maroon 5 a little bit with the whole harder to breathe feeling.  We're at my mom's this weekend (and I kind of feel like I'm distance blogging since I'm not even on my own laptop) and it's my last weekend before being thrown to the student teaching wolves.

We had a yard sale today and we sold about $120 in Kinley clothes.  I still have a large Rubbermaid tote left of her 0-9 month clothing.  The child had a lot of clothes.  A lot.  This is our third sale and total to date, we have made about $500 back on my investment.  I'm now at the point that I'm ready to just give the clothes to someone that needs them.  The sales are just too much to prepare and orchestrate.  But it was fun to let Kinley sit with her piggy bank and drop in all of her monies. We've made the decision that anything Kinley related that we sell, will benefit her college fund.  Makes it a little easier to part with those tiny threads.

Tonight my mom and step-dad offered to keep Kinley for us and we were so looking forward to the night out.  We had big plans to go for dinner, margaritas and then a movie.  But after staying up till 2 a.m. doing yard sale prep and our 5 a.m. wake up call from Kinley, our night out was nixed.  We ended up falling asleep and napping with Kinley for two hours.  Oh well...  We pray that tonight will be much better sleeping.  Makes me so thankful that Kinley is in her own room at home because while she thinks it's hilarious to pop up and say "hewwwwwwoooo" (hello!) at 5 a.m., we don't find it so funny.

And what is it with this weekend?  It's as if my daughter decided that she would start talking all in one day.  Or weekend, maybe.  This weekend, she has learned to say:  please (peese), Pa Pa (and Nonie is about to die because she said his name first), Night Night (ni-ni), outside (ee-side)....  It's so strange to hear her communicating with words. Music to my ears.

The thought of tomorrow makes me want to suffocate.  It's the point of no turning back.  The point of doom.  The last day.  I felt so ready to student teach, until now.  I felt so confident.  So prepared.  And now?  I am full of self doubt.  Can I do this?  Can I make it?  Will we survive these 15 weeks?  What if I'm not good at this?  What if I don't succeed?  It's so different now that I am in charge of a classroom.  It's so scary to know that it's the real deal.

I am already starting to worry about the unknown.  I'm worried about the lack of time to get things done.  I had intentions of using this Nonie & Papa time to work on homework and yet I haven't even touched my books yet.  Ugh. 

I'm stressing.





No comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila