Monday, August 1, 2011

How do you do it?

Today is one of those days where I seriously question my ability to be a mom of more than one. 

Breathe.

I just keep reminding myself to breathe.

To you moms out there...you know that sickening, deep-down, weird feeling you get when you just *know* that not all is well with your baby?  She's fussy.  She seems uncomfortable.  She doesn't want to play.  She doesn't want held.  She doesn't want to nap.  She doesn't want to watch her favorite shows.  She doesn't want to eat.  She doesn't want anything.

And then she has a -down both legs blow out- and you realize, ahhhh!  Maybe her tummy hurts?

But even that doesn't make sense because then she eats a big lunch.

I'm filled with worry for her today because something just doesn't seem right in her world. 

I am so thankful that she was finally able to close those sweet blue eyes and get some rest.  For her sanity and mine.  I pray and pray and pray that she'll wake up all renewed and refreshed.

But how do you moms of more than one do it?  How can your mind and heart handle so much worry?  I sometimes worry that I won't be able to handle it. 

I so wish I could go back to bed and wake up with a do-over.



4 comments:

5webs said...

I have three (5, 4, and 3) and I do nothing but worry all the time. Little worries, big worries, stupid worries, important worries. I wish I had some good advice, but I don't. But I just wanted you to know that you are not alone, and that there is a whole lot of worrying going on out there. Not terribly comforting, but at least you know that you are not crazy :)

Unknown said...

I know what you're saying Joy. I too struggle with the same thoughts. I fear I won't be able to handle more then one when the time comes but know deep down we all have it in me and I know you do too! I hope tomorrow is a better day and Kinley feels better!

jinnie said...

:( Aww, I hope today is better for you. You're right, worries will never stop and they grow with the next child you have. But you'll find that somehow, you miraculously expand to be able to handle them, just like you miraculously expand to be able to love that 2nd child just as much as your first. You do feel like you can't possibly have any more love for another child, right? ;) You will. The same goes for worries.

Now, as for hair... I don't know. I'm pulling out my hair these days thanks to my kids. LOL!

EZsx5 said...

Aww, poor baby! Some days are just like that - unfortunately! All you can do is get both of you through it! I have 3 and my youngest was born sick and had to have surgeries and was on an IV pump for food for 6 months. You just do it and you do it for love because you are in love. Some days are better than others! BUT you will always wonder why it took you so long to have another because you love them so much and wonder what life was like without them since you can't even imagine it any other way!

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila