Friday, July 8, 2011

Waiting for Sleeping Beauty

As a most of the time stay at home mom (I have class two times a week), I long for the mornings when Kage sleeps in and the days when her naps run for three hours.

So much to do in that "free time" that is almost impossible to do with a toddler under foot.  Heck, I got a lot of blog writing done today (see below). 

But why is it that when I get this morning of her sleeping in (hello, it's 10:00 and she's not up), I spend it in a panic.  Checking on her every 5 minutes.  Is she breathing?  Is she fevered?  Is she okay?  I spend it in a state of worry and fear.

Do I enjoy the free time that I long for?  Nope.  I just want to go in and wake her up.  I want to send the dog in to "be the bad guy" and wake her up.

Kind of funny how that works....what we wish for isn't all that great when you get it.
Blogger won't rotate, sorry.
She's up!  She's up!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know how you feel. Emerald sleeps til 1030 everyday and I miss her at times. I just want to wake her up and cuddle. When they get older they sleep so long.

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila