Friday, June 10, 2011

Weekend Warriors

Weekend Warriors

Hey, check me out.  I'm actually going to do my own meme this Friday!  Haha  I had such great intentions of keeping up with this each Friday, and then life happened.  Doesn't life always happen?

So here we go, I'm a Weekend Warrior:
  • This weekend we're traveling down to southern IL.  Yep, that 6 hour car ride that I said I would *never* do again. 
  • We're supposed to leave early (6 a.m. ish) on Saturday morning, but now may push it to this afternoon if he gets off work early due to the rain. (He works outside, so too much rain=go home.)
  • Leaving today means that I need to get my butt in gear on the baking that I'm doing.  I'm making peanut butter sandwich cookies and ooey-gooey peanut butter brownies for my brother-in-law.  It's his birthday tomorrow and he's been requesting the sandwich cookies for months now.  The brownies are just a bonus.
  • His family is in from Boston, so we'll be doing a lot of visiting with them and they'll get to meet Kage.  So it'll be a good visit.
  • The only bad part is that Sunday early afternoon, we're back on the road for the 6 hour ride home....which is when Kage decides that she's had enough and cries the whole way.  And I vow to NEVER make that car ride again. 
Tell me about your weekend and link up!






No comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila