Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Bright Lights Big Puddles

Bright Lights Bigger City by Cee Lo makes me dance.  How about you?  That's the background music that I'm playing during this post.  But it's playing much softer now that K's down for a nap.  The poor girl has a terrible cold.  Sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes and fever.  I thought it was just allergies but the fever assures me that it's more than that.  Thank you Chicago weather.  Cold then hot then colder then hotter.  Or could be the gym day care, I guess.  That's probably it.

I have an interview this afternoon at the gym.  I'm excited.  The pay won't be great but for a summer part-time job, it may be just the ticket.  Plus, I'll most likely get my membership free or at least discounted.  So that would be a monthly savings plus income.  So we'll see how that turns out.  I also have an interview at a bar in the downtown area here.  That place looks so fun!  We went to try out their menu last weekend and really enjoyed it.  They have the prettiest beer garden too. Again, that pay won't be great but tips are usually pretty good in a place like that.  I'd be happy with either position.  I just have to see which offers the better schedule.  If I'm even offered the job, that is.
Kage is going to visit with the neighbor lady while I'm on my interviews.  We met them a few weeks ago  Young married couple and she is a housewife.  We actually met through our dogs.  Their yellow lab, Corona, came to meet Lucy when they were both outside.  So we got to talking and really liked them.  She said that if I ever needed a sitter to let her know.  Well, I need a sitter.  Our regular "day care lady" isn't available either day and our night-time sitter works during the day.  I was desperate.  So I knocked on her door yesterday and she was thrilled to be asked.  Yea!

Our Memorial Day was pretty uneventful.  We went to the gym for hell on wheels spin class.  Again, I praise God that I was saved by the poop again.  Yes, K pooped and I got called out of class to change her.  I am beginning to think that she is doing it intentionally now.  The girls working in there said that many kids do. 

After we left the gym we decided to head back to that park that I had found a few weeks ago.  It was so nice out and we wanted Kage to enjoy the weather.  This park is so nice because it is so wide open with tons of grassed area for her to run around and play.  With the storms that we've had recently, the low areas were flooded with about 8 inches of water.  And of course you know where she wanted to play!

I was a bit freaked out by the gross standing water aka: giant puddle, but she surely was not.  So I put my big girl panties on and waded in with her.  All three of us were playing in this huge puddle.  And then she sat down.  And then laid down.  Ugh.  I had to do my best to not be the dirt freak that I am and remind myself that she's a toddler and needs to explore and HAVE FUN.  So uptight mommy took a back seat this day and just enjoyed the day for what it was.

And leaving the park, we were a bit embarrassed.  We had the "Hoosier Baby" in the stroller.  I didn't think to bring extra clothes to the park....I'll know better next time.


On our way home, we noticed that there was a parade setting up so we ran home to change and pack some things to head up to watch it.  And we missed it.  Darn it.  We did get to watch the Memorial Day flag ceremony though....so that was nice.

I remembered that our community pool opened up that weekend too, so we walked over to check it out.  Sure enough, it was open and hopping!  We had to go back home to let Kage nap but then headed over to check it out later in the afternoon.  Kinley went nuts!  She loved the water and even let us dunk her a few times.  The first time, she choked but then the next two times she took it like a champ and loved it!  Swimming lessons may have paid off.  Not for her, of course, because she was too young to remember (6 months old, I think?) but I remember the techniques that were taught.



Where's Kinley?

Peek-a-boo!

Love that baby butt!  Just wish it weren't a blurred shot!


And for those wondering, I was in the pool with her too.  Just never seem to get mommy-baby pictures.  You other moms know what I mean.... if we're not taking the pictures, no one is.




No comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila