Monday, March 28, 2011

Is it Friday yet?

I missed my blog.  I had a to-do list a mile long for today and I told myself that I had to find a few minutes somewhere in the day to check in and see what was going on out here in blog world.  I literally have only a few minutes.  K is down for a late afternoon nap.  The husband will be walking in the door at any minute.  Dinner is still hiding in the freezer somewhere.  But, the to-do list is dwindling away. 

Such a beautiful day!

KG was in the most amazing mood.  She woke up so happy.  We played with the new toys that she got over the weekend from her Nonie and Papa.  She got a tea set and a new piano.  She poured the tea so delicately and then brought me a cup and a spoon.  Ahhhhhh, I love having a little girl.  She's such a princess.  At her nap time, she went down without a fuss and slept for.......  wait for it..........  THREE HOURS.  Thankyouverymuch.  She knew how much homework I had today.  It was so great.  I missed her immensely, but I loved getting my homework done.

We had to run a couple of errands as well.  Back to Kinkos for more copies and then to Walmart for some lesson supplies.  The sun was shining and she was so happy.  Glorious day.

This weekend flew by so fast.  We were being helpful servants.  My bestie moved into her new apartment in the city.  Oooh, so jealous.  I mean, would you look at her view from her balcony?!

I mean, I could never swing this lifestyle now....with a child and husband (a husband who is terrified of the city) but if I could go back in time.....I would so love to live in the city.  Just to try it for a week or two.  Or three or four.  But, I am happy to say that I now can live vicariously through her.  If she'll let me.  KG and I will have to visit her lots this summer.

Mom was able to come and stay with us after her work meetings in the city.  She stayed over Friday and then watched KG while we helped DL move on Saturday.  So then Saturday night we drove mom home and stayed at her house Saturday night.  It's been cra-zy.

And because of midterms at school, the work load has been insane.  I have had to stay up till 2-3 in the morning just to get homework done while the rest of the house sleeps.  It's impossible to get quiet time with a toddler.  And a husband.  They refuse to let me work.

Probably why I feel so hopped up right now.....no sleep and a steady diet of crap food to keep me going.

Tomorrow I teach a lesson on renewable and nonrenewable resources.  Say a prayer for me.  Lord knows I'm going to need it!



No comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila