Friday, January 7, 2011

Still

My house is trashed.  I have laundry in baskets waiting to be folded and put away.  It's sheet washing day and towel washing day and neither have been started.  The furniture needs dusted in a major way.  I'm pretty sure that the dishwasher is full and needs run.

Dinner will need to be started very soon.  I still haven't showered yet today.  There are about four different coats hanging on the backs of chairs and Kinley decided to rearrange the bottom shelf of my pantry and scatter the items about the kitchen.  Her toy box is dumped and the toys are everywhere. 

I'm in my jeans, a hoodie and the hair that falls to the middle of my back is wadded up into a messy knot on the back of my head.

I'm looking out the patio doors to see random snow flakes falling with no destination.

I know that there are a million other things for me to be doing right now... but my motivation and energy are someplace else.

And I'm okay with that.

I'm allowing myself this nap time (Kinley's nap time) to sit and let my mind idle.  Let my aching back rest.  All of the cleaning will wait for me.

No comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila