Monday, November 22, 2010

The perfect day

Ahhhhhhh!  Normalcy!  How I've missed you! 

It's not easy being away from home with a baby.  Sleep?  Yeah, what is that?  Kinley doesn't like to sleep if we're not at home.  Life just gets turned upside down. 

We were down in southern IL for two nights/three days.  When we finally rolled back into the windy city area last night, we were so relieved.  Kinley slept the full 5 hour car ride home, so we anticipated a late night ahead of us.  But nope, she ate and then played a little and then went to bed by 10:30.  Bliss.  She missed her bed.

As did we.  We both melted into the bed.  We love our bed.  It is nothing short of amazing.  We joked that we were both ready to just make out with the bed last night.  No shock that it felt like the instant we closed our eyes, the alarm was going off.  Kinley woke up a tad earlier than normal (5:45 instead of 6:15) and we got to see Richie off.....he was chaos cause he was running late.  Poor guy.  Bad way to start the week.

I realized last night that THIS Thursday is Thanksgiving.  How did I miss that?  I was thinking we still had another week.  Geez.  Pressure!

Yesterday was my birthday.  I wrote this whole long pouty, poor me, pity part post about my birthday being on Saturday---when it wasn't at all.  It took a text from my friend to help me realize that I'm pretty clueless and that my birthday was on Sunday and not Saturday.  Duh.  If I'd have stopped pouting long enough to actually look at the calendar I would have known that.  So embarrassing.

So yeah, yesterday was the day.  I'm now the young age of 32.  Richie got me a cake and lit 32 candles and it almost required the assistance of the local volunteer fire department.  No joke.  I sure wish I had taken a picture.... but I was so embarrassed by the flames (and the singing...they were singing happy birthday, I wasn't singing) that I didn't even think to take a picture of the fire ball.  But the cake said "Happy Birthday, Mommy" and that was the best surprise ever.  It's my first birthday with Kinley Grace here...what better gift.

My birthday night ended with Kinley and I sharing a big bowl of homemade mac-n-cheese and it was at that moment that it was the perfect birthday.  Every moment I share with her is perfection.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

I know what you mean about them not sleeping good when your away from home. Aubrey always cries and says "home" over and over and sometimes wakes up in the night crying to go home. Its so hard and makes me feel so bad. We just never stay the night anywhere so I guess that's why she's like that. Therefore since she is like that we don't ever want to go stay the night anywhere. She didn't do too bad this weekend. She only cried a little when we stayed the night with my sister.

Amanda said...

Haha, I love being that friend! That friend was really confused too but I figured no one would know their birthdate better than the person who's birthday it was.

Marie said...

Happy Birthday Joy!

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila