Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My child refuses to let me blog....

I've been a bad blogger.  I guess I took a small hiatus.  But for good reason....  my child hasn't allowed me much free time lately.  My usual morning "me time" has been shared with the Kinley Grace.  She's been gracing me with her presence at about 6:30 every morning...and my lazy butt has been sleeping in till 6:15.  Which allowed me only enough time to pee, start coffee, pour a cup of coffee and then get Kinley up.  She nurses and then my coffee is cold.  I've been sort of grumpy the last couple of days.  Understandably so.

No really...I guess I haven't blogged because I've been such a Debbie Downer since returning home from our weekend trip south.  I hate being a crabby blogger....cause who really wants to read that?!  I'm down on myself about my weight, about being tired, about not cleaning my house as well as I should.  I feel like I'm just failing on all fronts and it just sucks. 

I'm not going to allow myself to self-hate right now.  That wasn't the point of sitting down mid-afternoon (actually, it's late afternoon) to blog.  I finally got around to running some of the errands that have been looming for two days....I got Kinley home and she supposed to be napping, but she's up there crying.  Grrrrr.  I'm learning to not run and get her when she fights her naps.  She's supposed to be "learning" to self soothe and put herself to sleep.  I did my mommy duty of nursing her and rocking her to sleep...but if she chooses to jump right back up after I lay her down, then it's her deal to do on her own.  I sound harsh.  I'm not a mean mommy, I swear.

Kinley and I went to Target today for a candle lighter, and return a pair of shoes that I had bought for her thinking she needed them for pictures.  What I didn't realize is that she already had shoes for her pictures.  Oops.  So I returned the shoes....got the candle lighter and about $30 in other things.  Why can't I stick to my list when I go in that store?  Geez.  But while we were there, we cruised through the toy aisles because I'm trying to get ideas for her first birthday gifts.  I saw that they are bringing back the Fisher Price "old school" toys...I remember these things from when I was in Sunday school at church.  I was so excited to see them on the shelf in their old school packaging.  They had the telephone:   Fisher Price Classic Pull Toy: Chatter Telephone and they had the television:  Basic Fun Two Tone Television and the record player:  Basic Fun Fisher Price Record Player and the clock (which was Kinley's pick):  Fisher - Price® Music Box Teaching Clock.  These toys are so cool!  So much better than today's version that will cost you a small fortune in batteries. 

While at my mom's on Sunday, she gave me a new lotion.  I "hinted" that I needed more of the Love Spell products from Philosophy and she said that she found a new scent called "Pink Sugar." Pink Sugar By Aquolina For Women, Body Lotion, 8.4-Ounce Bottle  Man, it smells almost exactly the same...and it's much more affordable.  So she gave me her tube of lotion and now I'm good to go!  Spoiled by my momma, that's for sure!

I still have two returns to do and a tire to get patched...but that will have to wait for another day.  My errand time is limited to about two hours.  That's about all that Kinley will tolerate.  Maybe tomorrow we'll get to go out again.  We have family coming to town this weekend for the Chicago Marathon.  My brother-in-law is running in it and we're all going to be there cheering him on.  After this weekend, I think things calm down for a while.  Just enough time to prepare for the holiday traveling. 

Kinley is still crying.  TTFN

No comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila