Monday, October 18, 2010

Here and There and Everywhere

Last night when Richie and I were enjoying our hour of TV time, after Kinley was in bed, I realized that I was thinking that tomorrow (today) was Friday.  Whoa!  That's not a normal thought on a Sunday night.  Our week was non-stop.  Between Kinley being sick and going to the doctor almost daily and Richie working all seven days last week....I feel like we need a Friday.  That's a bad way to start the week.

We have a big change coming in our household and I'm bracing myself for the change.  I don't do well with change...it just makes me feel really uneasy.  I like to pretend that I'm good with the transition, but really I struggle.  We are smart about it though, we have thought about it, prayed about it, and really feel it is for the best in the long run.  I'll fill ya'll in later this week.

Yesterday, since Richie was working, Kinley and I headed south to visit a friend of mine, Betty.  Betty was my boss several years ago when I worked for a home builder as a sales person.  Her and I became instant friends and because she is my mom's age, she was the mother figure I needed when my mom was over 3 hours away.  Even though I haven't worked with her for several years, we've kept in touch and I still love her dearly.  She loves visiting with Kinley because all of her grandbabies are in different states.  So it's nice to see her and spend time with her.  She is an amazing sounding board....and I like to think that I am the same for her.  Yesterday, she introduced me as her best friend.  I think I'll float around on that for some time.  She is such an amazing woman.  To be considered a friend of someone like that just makes me feel so good. 

Becoming a mom has really made me reevaluate my friendships.... you'd be surprised how many don't have time anymore when you have a baby in tow.  It's really kind of sad.  But I guess on the flipside, it makes you appreciate those that do stick around that much more.  Richie and I were discussing this over the weekend.  Then he said something that just totally sums it up, "I love our married, boring life."  Haha  We're boring and we're happy.  We have our shows, our time as a family and if we get a wild hair, we play a game of Rummy.  Haha 

Richie and I have been starting to dabble a bit into the thought of buying a house up here.  We're no where close to actually buying, but we're starting to entertain the thought of thinking about it.  Clear as mud?  There are so many other milestones that we have to reach before the roots are planted up here.  First of all, I want to graduate.  I have my semester that starts in January and then the summer off, then student teaching in August.  So I won't be graduating until January of 2012 (if all goes as planned).  Then we have to see where I can (if I can) find a teaching job.  There is no doubt that the foreclosure market is where to look.  Man, there are some amazing deals to be made...but some scary situations too.  One house that we looked at in a subdivision that I just love, is STRIPPED.  No cabinets, counter tops, copper wires, A/C....they took it all.  I can't even imagine being that desperate.  Wow.  Having time before buying really allows us to do our research but at the same time, it allows us time to get our savings back in order and in high gear for a down payment.

Wow, this blog took on no direction, whatsoever.  I hate scatter-brained days like this.  I blame it on Shakespeare.  I've been completely up to my eyeballs in King Lear and finally finished it this morning.  Now I have to deal with the midterm.  Lord, help me now.

No comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila