Finally, back to my Weekend Warriors posting!
But first, let me say that the people in Japan are in my prayers. They need your prayers right now. So very sad. The people in Hawaii and all affected areas from the Tsunami are also in my thoughts and prayers this morning.
Almost makes my Weekend Warrior post seem out of place. I thank God that I am able to have a nice weekend to look forward to and enjoy.
This weekend, we're:
- Taking Kinley to her 15 month appointment on Saturday morning. I'm so excited to see her height and weight developments. That is my favorite part of her milestone appointments. At one year, she was 27 and three quarters inches tall (the 13th percentile) and she was 19lbs 7 oz. (the 25th percentile) and her head was 17.75 cm, which is the 50th percentile. So I'm excited to see how much she's grown. She's also due for some immunizations....but those who know me and have been reading for a while know that I don't follow the normal schedule for immunizations and am still indecisive about how I'm going to approach that. I dodged them at her 12 month appointment, so we'll see what her doctor thinks this time around. The dreaded MMR is due at this appointment but her doctor and I both agree that it needs to wait until at least her 2 year appointment, if not longer. But that's for another post.
- Depending on the whole immunization situation, we are going to take Kinley to play at the park (if it's nice) or this new place that her day care lady (Ugh, I hate calling her that) told us about. I am so super excited to take her. And, daddy took Saturday off this week to be with us at her appointment, so he'll get to go play too! I pray that if she does have to get a shot, that she's feeling well enough to go and have some fun.
- Saturday morning is a huge consignment sale in the Chicago-area and they have some really, really, really nice stuff for pretty cheap. So I'm hoping to get to go there before her appointment on Saturday. We've been buying 18 month clothes for her summer wardrobe and it appears that she's not going to be able to use them. She' still too small for her 12 month stuff....so I could use a nice sale to get her a 12 month summer wardrobe!
- Saturday evening (again, depending on Kinley's shots and her reactions to them if she does get them) we are supposed to go for Mexican with a good friend of mine...he's more like a big brother than my friend (Hi, Tom!), but we haven't seen him in a while. I hope that we'll be able to go.
- On Sunday, we're going to Church ABC and I am so excited. We had to miss last Sunday because my husband woke up not feeling so hot. I was bummed. I think we're going to try and go to the earlier service if possible. We normally go at 11 and we're hoping to try the 9:00 service. We'll see if we can get motivated and out of the apartment that early. Despite Kinley waking at 6-7, we like to be lazy and tend to not get on the ball with her bath, our showers, etc.
- Sunday afternoon, we're doing our weekly grocery shopping and enjoying family time!