Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Time is not on my side...

I'm really starting to question my decision about going back to school.  I know that I want to be a teacher.  I have no confusion about that, what so ever.  It's the actual "school" part of it that I'm not sure I'm ready for.  Taking this online Shakespeare class has kind of been my way of getting my feet wet with being in school as a mom....and it's tough.

Kinley is such a full time job, then being a housewife is another full time job.  Making time for the homework is just impossible.  I can't seem to find the balance and it's really stressing me out.  Kinley is getting up by 6 a.m. and staying up till 9ish at night.  Her naps are my shower time and cleaning time....I physically can't stay up later than I already do at night for homework.  There is no free time in my days. 

Where will I find the time?  My semester starts in January and I just don't know if starting it is the right move.  I will have to be in class two days a week and then have Kinley the other three days...  I know that moms do it all the time, but I tend to not handle stress very well and crumble pretty easy.  I just fear that this may be the straw to break the camel's back. 

If I can't find time to keep up with an online course, where I never have to actually "go" to class...will I have time to actually "go" to class two full days a week and keep up with Kinley's care, house work, wife work, etc?  I'm freaking out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm freaked too! My full-time school schedule starts Monday and I have a lot of anxiety that I won't be able to keep up. I have 16 hours a week of in-class time plus homework. Thankfully for me, my university is a five minute drive from my house. All we can do is shoot for our dreams and do our best. Fingers crossed for you!

Rachel F.

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila