Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday Funday

I got to sleep in today!  Yesssssss.  Kinley woke up screaming at about 2:30.  Richie ran in to give her the pac {read: "pass" as in pacifier} (I have night blindness and can't ever see well enough to find the stupid pac and make it into her mouth, luckily Richie takes on this dark task) and pray that she'd go back to sleep.  She didn't.  We laid in bed trying to go back to sleep despite her crying because we were trying to "teach her."  Yeah, that never works.  The last two nights she's gotten up at the butt-crack of dawn and we are trying to get her back on schedule.  Forty-five minutes later, she was still crying.  So I gave in and went to nurse her.  She nursed one side and  fell back to sleep. 

Poor angel. 
I hate letting her cry. 

This morning I didn't even hear Richie's alarm, his shower, him getting dressed, him eating, vaguely do I remember his kiss good-bye....and I don't remember hearing him leaving behind the biggest smile for my day.  Many months ago when Kinley was just a couple of months old, he left me a "thank you" note on this board and I never erased it.  It was my daily reminder to keep on, keeping on.  This makes my heart melt.

I realized that it's okay for me to sleep in today.  I needed it.  And he doesn't think I'm lazy because of it.

I had a dream last night that just hit me deep inside and I think it's one of those that I'll carry around all day.  You know the kind.  My dad passed away almost 5 years ago.  It still hurts  His birthday is coming up this Sunday so it's about time for the dreams to begin.  Last night was the start of my new yearly ritual.  In my dream, I received news from a guy I went to high school with (that I'm now only facebook acquainted with) that my dad was not in fact dead, but was in jail at a local jail.  He said that he worked with him and that no one was supposed to know that he was in jail.  I was elated to know that he was still alive and here on this Earth--and I was going to get to introduce him to Kinley Grace.  I was running around trying to get things together to go and see him....but for some reason....I couldn't get there.  Something kept coming up to keep me from being ready to go.  It was terrible....he was close enough to finally see again and I couldn't get there.  I never did get to see him in my dream and for that I'm very sad.  It's the only place I can go to see him/touch him/smell him.  I hope that my next dream allows me my time with him.  I need it these days.

I'm crying too much to see the screen...must change the subject.

Last night we watched that new show "Sister Wives."  I couldn't ever live that lifestyle, basically because I'm too jealous a person.  But don't they make it seem appealing?  Wow....a couple other women to share the life tasks with?  Dang....sign me up!  But then sharing your husband?  No way.  I quit.  Game over.  And then to find out he's dating outside of the three marriages he already has?!  I'd go psycho.  More than I already am.  I'm totally diggin' the show though.  Richie is too.  I'm glad too, cause our Sunday nights were pretty dry for TV watching.

So you remember how I said before that I was super hesitant about the pediatrician we (I) chose?  Well, this weekend Richie jumped on my bandwagon and said "that's it!"  And when Richie says "that's it," well, that's it.  You see, on Friday, I was having a bad case of psycho mom and noticed that Kinley was pulling at her ears.  They were bright red, she was crying, sticking her fingers in them.....typical ear infection signs.  So I call the dr and of course they can't get her in.  (What happened to your same day sick visit, Mr. Dr.?)  They say that they'll see her at 10 the next morning.  Whatever.  Well I give in and give her Tylenol, or the generic for it, since Tylenol can't stop recalling their brand.  I'm not the kind of mom that gives meds very often.  I use it as a last resort because I'm....well, psycho.  So she gets Tylenol because, God forbid, if she's uncomfortable and they aren't helping me, a moms gotta do what a moms gotta do.  Immediately, she stopped and went back to her regular routine.  Okay, so not immediately...but soon after.  Either she was just being dramatic (no, not my daughter!) or something was bothering her that was quickly remedied with Tylenol, or the generic version. 

So then Saturday morning at about 8:00, Richie and I decided we would cancel the appointment since she hadn't shown symptoms for about 24 hours.  I made him call to do the cancellation since he was up my butt about "getting ready."  We had friends in town for the weekend and were going to the city to play tourists.  Me getting ready requires some that I've put myself on luxury spending restrictions, I'm out of my hair product that allows me to wear my natural curls.  I can't wash and go without a three foot by two foot afro.  So that leaves one option.  Flat iron.  I have a ton of hair.  TON OF HAIR. and it is no quick task to flat iron these locks.  So, yeah.  He's on my butt about "hurry and get ready so we can go" and I didn't want to take a break to call the dr to cancel, because let's face it.  I'm so ADD that if I stop doing my hair to call the dr, somehow I'll end up folding laundry or loading the dishwasher despite having my hair half ironed, half in a ball on top of my head in a clip.  That's just how I roll.
Back to the dr.  So Richie calls and he's put on a loop of music and the occasional "please hold, there are XX callers in front of you." He's about to lose it.  We're used to our perfect pediatrician back home who really makes you feel like you're the only patient he sees.  He gives up and decides to leave a message to have them return our call.  He always gets tongue tied when leaving messages (or ordering in a drive thru, but that's another thing) so he throws the phone at me to leave a message.  I love how he gives me that "I'm so impressed" look when he listens to me leave a message.  I have the gift of speaking with a tone of "so friendly, but if you don't call me back quick-like, I'll turn the wrath of psycho-mom on you're arse." 

They then call back in about ten minutes.  Richie answers, they confirm our cancellation, life continues on.  Kinley is fine. 

Richie then asks what is up with the XX amount of callers in front of his.  I told him that you call into a main number and then that phone operator disperses the messages to whichever dr's office it's directed to.  That was it.  He said that we were pulling her from them asap.  Too big and too un-personal.  I couldn't agree more and secretly, I was jumping up and down inside to have not had to make that decision.  Today I'm calling another doctor that came from a recommendation from a friend back home.  I'm excited to get the appointment booked to meet her.

I have a plethera (I've always wanted to use that word) of things to do today.  My house is in the typical Monday condition and I have a full day's work to get it back to where it needs to be.  It's laundry day in our house.  Richie's company does his work laundry (sweet huh!) and all that we have to do is make sure it's there for them to pick up on Thursday morning.  Well, yeah.  My mind is obviously mush on Wednesday night because for the second week in a row, I'm washing the stupid work uniforms.  I vow to NOT forget this week.  I'm setting up a reminder in my phone now.  I hate washing his work uniforms.  They seriously make such a mess of my washer and dryer.  There is usually enough wood chips and tree parts in the dryer lint filter to have my own forest by now.  And that can't be good for the dryer.

Richie told me to go and get my curl product for my hair (he must be tired of waiting on me) but I am going to wait for Ulta to have a sale on it.  They seem to rotate their ads, so it should be coming around again soon.  I have to run to the post office (that is one errand that I love feels so old fashioned to go to the post office, do you agree?) and I still have two returns in my car that I was supposed to do over a month ago.  I never seem to get anything done.  Oh, but I did get the note done to that restaurant manager!  It felt so good too!  You should try it.  It feels amazing to do nice things for other people.  I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Template: Blog Designs by Sheila